- USA Cycling Level 1 Power Based Certified Coach 2007
- Full time coach since 2001
- Training Peaks Certified Coach 2012
- Superhuman Coach Certified May 2013
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified May 2014
- Crossfit Endurance Certified 2011
- Crossfit Mobility Certified 2012
- Performance Manager for Bear Development Team 2012 – current
- Treadmill Triathlon Team Coach 2013 – current
- West Coast Mountain Bike Development Camp Director 2008
I have been a full-time, professional coach since 2001. During that time I have I have coached athletes ranging from beginners to professionals racing both in the US as well as around the world. I have also conducted numerous coaching consultations for athletes and teams, and am currently the Performance Manager for the Bear Development Team.
I became a USA Cycling Level I Certified Power Based Training Coach in 2007. In my quest for continuing my education and expertise I joined the Superhuman coaching group in January of 2013, as well as completing Crossfit Endurance and Mobility certifications and becoming a certified coach in the Training Peaks referral program.
Having worked as West Coast Mountain Bike Development Camp Manager in 2007 – 2008, and working as the Performance Manager for the Bear Development Team from 2012 I have extensive knowledge in developing athletes both young and old. My current clients range from 15 to 83 years old.
- Elite TT National Championships
Mountain Bike National Champion
- USA Cycling National Team Selection
- Sub 10 Hour Ironman Finisher
- Age Group Podium Finish at Vineman Ironman
- State Road and Criterium Championship
- California State Mountain Bike Champion
- Road National Podium Finishes
- Completion of RAAM (2nd team competition)
- Team Coaching to State Championship Title
- Podium Finish at TransRockies
In addition to my own coaching, I have also mentored several coaches and helped with their educational process in learning all aspects of coaching including the analysis of power data.
Prior to coaching, I competed in all disciplines of cycling and raced Mountain Bikes Professionally for over 15 years. In that time I achieved several state championships, had been ranked #1 nationally, and finished 3rd at the NORBA National Championships in Mammoth California. I am currently “semi-retired” from racing but still love to ride and train when I have the time. You may even see me at a local road, cross, or mountain bike race in the future.